Monday, June 18, 2012

My Demented Little Wonderland

Here's the sketches I mentioned the other day; they're definitely not final versions with tons of detail, just quick sketches to mainly get the silhouettes and general shapes on paper. Not to mention the faces are goofy as all get out, but it was 10am at Skyline when I did these...

The Duchess originally was going to look more like an assassin (I don't know why), but I decided more of a doctor look would suit her better since this is all about a demented asylum and military what not. Her top needs a bit more work which is why it's just this blah area. I figured it out last night, just never sketched it in. The bustier is going to be made out of some sort of vinyl or leather with spots for syringes and vials. She's actually wearing a jacket with a pencil skirt underneath, the pic just doesn't show it well. My bad, but its supposed to be similar to a harness on the top and the jacket tails come from underneath the bustier. Those lines are box pleating marks so I can remember that little detail.

She also looks a bit like Sailor Venus in the face...

The Queen of Hearts had the most thought out of these two, mainly because she was the second one I focused on after the Cheshire Cat. Thank you Once Upon a Time for the jacket idea though, ok well the underbust with long tails idea really. When I get around to the final sketch you'll be able to see that the tails make a heart shape. Additionally the corset is heart-shaped and there's a heart detail on the falconry glove.

Honestly, I don't know where the falconry glove idea came from but I like it and she also has a feathered epaulet, which I think will be some sort of flamingo homage. Oh and her pants look a bit strange but they're riding pants so the thighs are reinforced.

Obviously these two are on the Red Side of things so they'll be much darker in the final versions. The White Side will still be dark, just more pathetic than foreboding.

No comments:

Post a Comment