Monday, October 1, 2012

I had this cute welcome mat with a pineapple on it since I first moved out some four years ago. Well after being outside for that long it's lost all the color it had and was just black and blah. It needed to change and I didn't want to buy a new one because my husband and I love it; not mention it's still a perfectly good welcome mat.

The solution? Repaint it, but what paint would a rubber mat need... That's where Google-fu comes in. Acrylic paint stays flexible so it's a perfect fit for this guy! Thanks to a tutorial over at Domestic Imperfection for pointing that out because my poor mat started out as this blah thing.

And after about an hour of painting I have this lovely "new" welcome mat.


Aside from the new paint job I've got the urge to make another welcome mat for a change when the spring comes. Ugh, crafting is addicting sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. Google-Fu? Pffft. Ask your friend who's a painter! To that end, to help protect it further you could use an acrylic medium (such as matte medium) to seal it, or use a varnish; I'd recommend Golden's UVLS varnish, because you'd get the added benefit of UV protection which will help prevent the mat from fading due to light damage.

    ReplyDelete